Breakfast Scramble

At the Farmers' Market this week, I purchased a dozen large eggs from TLV Tree Farm. When I cracked them open this morning, I was not disappointed. The yolks were firm and dark yellow. It was clear the hens had been eating green grass and not just chicken feed. If you want to receive Vitamin K2 from your eggs, this is crucial. And you definitely want Vitamin K2! (If you are not sure why, I have written several blogposts on K2!)

Since we ran out of chicken sausages, I was forced to get creative with my breakfast. Luckily, I found some pretty amazing ingredients in the fridge. Stuff I had forgotten. So I threw a few things together and whipped up this simple, quick scramble.

Ingredients:

1 TB grass-fed butter
2 large (grass-fed) eggs
1-2 TB whole milk
sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1 ounce smoked salmon
1 ounce shredded pepper jack cheese
1/4 of an avocado, sliced

Place a skillet over low heat. Melt the butter in the skillet. Beat the eggs in a bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the milk and whisk well. Pour the eggs into the butter and let sit for a minute or two. Sprinkle small pieces of smoked salmon over the eggs. Stir the eggs gently. When almost cooked, sprinkle cheese over the top. Cover the pan and let cheese melt. Serve eggs with avocado on top. Makes one serving. Enjoy!

hocofood@@@

Comments