Flourless Peanutbutter and Chocolate Chip Cookies

If you have been searching for a gluten-free cookie recipe that is even more delicious than the kind with wheat flour, then search no more. This recipe was given to me by my good friend Patti who has baked these cookies for me on numerous occasions. I hope that she won't stop just because I have the recipe in my hot little hand now. Patti originally found this recipe in Southern Living magazine.

I am not going to mess with perfection, so I am transcribing the recipe exactly as written. Patti told me that she doubles the amount of chocolate chips, and I can verify that her cookies are fully loaded. If you are looking for more cookie dough in relation to your chips, then follow the instructions here instead of doubling.

Because this dough contains no flour, it is more crumbly and has a sandier texture than flour-based cookies once baked. I happen to love that texture and don't find this to be a problem at all. However, the cookies might be a tad bit fragile when first baked. Just allow them to cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before you try to remove them. They will last for several weeks in a sealed ziplock bag in the fridge or several months in the freezer. But they are so delicious, I doubt they will hang around that long!

Ingredients:

1 cup creamy peanut butter (I love Trader Joe's brand.)
3/4 cup sugar (I might play with reducing this amount to a half cup.)
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350F. Stir together all ingredients, adding the chips last. Drop dough by rounded spoonfuls 2 inches apart onto lined or greased baking sheets. (I use Silpat sheets.) Bake for 12-14 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned. Cool on baking sheet for at least 5 minutes before removing. Then cool on a wire rack for another 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!

Comments