Whole 30 Begins January 1st

Oops.

I realized after posting yesterday about gifts at Trader Joe's, almost every selection contained sugar! UGH! I apologize. I had intended to include some of the lovely soaps usually offered at holiday time, but I couldn't find them either in the store or the flyer.

And then I had another realization: the sneaky sugar monster has been creeping back into my home, my cabinets, my fridge, my diet, my mouth.

For example, there was Halloween. My daughter shared a few pieces of candy with me. Then, on Thanksgiving, I made two pies: pumpkin and concord grape. Who ended up eating the lion's share of these pies? You guessed it: moi. Now Hanukkah and Christmas are approaching. I'll probably indulge in more than my fair share of treats.

So I've decided in the new year to recommit to the sugar-free life.

Last January, I completed my first Whole 30: thirty days of whole, healthy foods including no sugar, no refined sweeteners of any kind, no artificial sweeteners, no grains, no legumes, no alcohol, no "treats" of any kind, no processed junk foods. If you'd like to take a look at the program, including all the rules, benefits, goals, etc. please visit www.whole30.com.

I believe January is the best time to take on this type of challenge. Once we put the celebrations of New Year's Eve behind us, there are no more holidays crying out for cakes and cookies. January 1st begins a new year, an auspicious time to start a new venture. And since it is winter, homemade soups and stews will be very appealing and an easy way to fill the belly with whole foods.

So who's with me? Are you ready to change your diet, your health, your outlook, your moods, your whole world? Do you want to drop excess pounds, clear up your skin, improve your teeth and gums, uplift your attitude, lighten your load, and put some spring in your step? Nothing will transform every aspect of your life faster than the food you put into your mouth multiple times per day.

Let's do this!


Comments