Strawberry and Goat Cheese Salad

I know I posted a version of this salad (or something very similar) before, but last night I made the most amazing dressing to go with it. And the strawberries I bought at Trader Joe's were so deliciously sweet, the whole thing came together like nobody's business.

It's pretty hard to beat the combination of strawberries and goat cheese. And I think beets also go great with this salad. I still have a few jars of pickled spiced beets left from last year's canning adventure. (I brought a gallon-sized jug of white vinegar to my friend Michelle's house. As I turned into her driveway, the jug tipped, opened, and spilled all over the passenger seat. Car STILL smells!)

I used arugula, baby spinach, kale and collards for the greens. You could use any dark greens. I love pecans but I used pistachios this time and those are awesome as well. Mix it up and experiment with different combinations--you never know what you'll discover!

Ingredients:
1 TB mayonnaise (homemade is best, but Hellmann's works)
1 TB whole milk yogurt (sour cream is fine, too)
1 TB meyer lemon marmalade (my mom made this from her fresh lemons!)
salt/pepper to taste

Blend ingredients for dressing in bottom of large salad bowl. Taste and adjust for seasoning.

3-4 ounces chopped roasted chicken breast
2-3 thick slices pickled beets (or roasted beets), diced
2-3 large handfuls of mixed salad greens (arugula, spinach, kale, etc.)
about a dozen roasted pistachios (or pecans)

Toss all the above with the dressing in the salad bowl.

1-2 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
3-4 large strawberries, sliced

Top salad with strawberries and goat cheese. DEVOUR! Makes enough for one hungry mama or possibly enough for two people to share as an appetizer. Enjoy!


Comments

  1. Strawberry1 I love it! This food looks nice and delicious! I will try... ^^

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please share your helpful questions and comments here! Thanks for being part of this balanced community!