Apple Honey Cake for Rosh Hashanah

Happy new year!



In case you're thinking I may have lost my mind, tonight is the start of the Jewish new year. (I may have also lost my mind, but this is unrelated to this post.)

Both apples and honey are traditional foods for this holiday, and both are often used in holiday cakes. I put the two together, as I have recently had great success with a delicious honey banana bread.

Here's wishing you a very sweet new year, filled with joy and blessings.


Ingredients:

1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup honey
4 large eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-2 teaspoons cinnamon (I used 2.)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup ground walnuts (I pulsed walnut halves in the food processor until finely ground.)
1 cup white whole wheat flour
1 large apple, chopped

Preheat oven to 325F. Spray a 9" pyrex pie pan with coconut oil. Beat melted oil and honey together. Add eggs and mix thoroughly. In a large bowl, stir all dry ingredients together. Pour liquids into dry and mix gently. Add chopped apples and stir to combine. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until done. (Top of cake will spring back when pressed if done.) Let cool completely or serve warm. Makes at least 6 large servings.

Comments