Spring Break Bootcamp

As I mentioned in my last post, I have a 4 week break between my winter and spring class sessions through Howard County Rec and Parks. Although I like to rest between sessions, I do not want to become a blobby couch potato. For this reason, and many others, I'm running a spring break bootcamp.

(On special occasions, there is homemade pie at bootcamp!!!)


This outdoor bootcamp will run on Tuesdays and Fridays, beginning on Friday, March 24 and ending on Friday, April 14, 2017. Each class will begin at 9am and last about an hour. Students who plan to take the entire session--7 classes--can receive a discount by paying in full by March 24. The discounted cost for the entire session will be $95. Drop-ins are also welcome; the cost per class is $15.

Students who are new to outdoor bootcamp need to fill out a participation questionnaire and waiver before participating. Please leave me a message in the comment section below so I can forward this information to you.

For those of you who have never tried an outdoor bootcamp, you might be surprised by how much fun we have! Exercising outdoors is great for lifting the spirits, soaking up the sunshine, and enjoying the natural beauty. Other benefits include physical challenges that are not available inside a gym or studio. We make use of the landscape and built structures in the park, such as hills, staircases, benches, and playgrounds. We learn to do pull-ups, lunge walks, box jumps, burpees, sprints, planks, step-ups, pistols, and so much more by incorporating the equipment found in the park. We laugh a lot and there is hardly any crying at all. (Ha ha!)

Anyone interested in joining us this spring can leave a comment below. Hope to see you in the park!

Comments