Make a Fermented Shake!



Once you've mastered the art of fermentation, what are you going to do with all your delicious fermented products? I've got a suggestion!



I decided to mix together two of my most recent experiments: fermented blueberries and coffee kombucha. How would they taste together? Surprisingly delicious!



I usually drink a protein shake instead of eating dinner before I teach my evening classes. I jump around and sweat when I teach Fit Jam, so having a full belly is a big NO-NO. A protein shake is perfect, though. Because it's blended up, it passes quickly through the stomach. By the time I begin class, I'm ready to bounce around.

My fermented shake contains not just 2 ferments, but also store-bought yogurt, for a triple threat. Or maybe I should say TRIPLE TREAT! Great for your gut biome, easy to digest, full of nutrients and antioxidants, this shake is hard to beat. (If you don't want to ferment your ingredients, you can use fresh or frozen blueberries and regular coffee.)

Ingredients:

1/2 of a frozen banana
1/4 cup fermented blueberries (or fresh or frozen blueberries)
1/4 cup coffee kombucha (or regular coffee)
1/4 cup plain whole milk yogurt
1 teaspoon maca (optional)
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (your favorite brand)
enough water to blend

Place all ingredients into blender jar. Process until your shake is completely liquified and smooth. Drink immediately. Makes one single serving. Drink at least 1-2 hours before your workout.
ENJOY!

Comments