Let's Celebrate Earth Day



I just noticed for the first time that Earth Day and Arbor Day happen during the same week! Has this always been the case? How could I have missed this fact??



It certainly seems like an auspicious time to do something awesome for the Earth. So I got to thinking: what are some wonderful ways to celebrate this beautiful planet?



There are so many possibilities!

You might plant a tree. Or a bunch of trees.

You could volunteer at a local nature center or arboretum. You could take a nature walk or tour. You could lead a group of kids on a nature walk.

You could plant seeds in your own garden. Or you could volunteer to clean up a public garden.

You could take a class to learn more about organic gardening. Or you could teach a class on organic gardening.

You could learn more about the local wildlife in your backyard and how to help them thrive. You could plant varieties of flowers to help the birds, the bees, and the native butterflies.

I plan to do a clean up at our local park. I'll be over there for bootcamp on Tuesday and Friday, and after our workouts, I'll pick up trash. Although there are trash cans and recycling bins all over the park, people still throw trash everywhere! I plan to do my part to make this little corner of the Earth cleaner and prettier.

Leave me a message in the comments if you'd like to join us for bootcamp at Alpha Ridge Park, or trash pick-up, or both! Happy Earth Day!


Comments