Refreshing Ruby Red Spritzer


Need a cool and crisp drink for late spring? Prefer a beverage that's low in alcohol, low in calories, but big in refreshment? If so, I've got you covered!

I might have mentioned (in more than one blog!) that I enjoy Ruby Red Grapefruit wine from France. You can purchase a bubbly, sparkling version, or just the regular rose. I am the only one in my house (right now) who drinks this wine, so I always get the still version. A bottle lasts me at least a week!



I have been mixing my grapefruit wine with grapefruit seltzer to make a spritzer, but last night I added another element: ruby red grapefruit juice. We buy our juice at Trader Joe's. The quality is very good--fresh, not from concentrate, delicious!



I use a gigantic wine glass to make my spritzer, but I only put a small amount of wine. You can play with the proportions, loading up on the wine if you're looking for a stronger drink. I like just a hint of alcohol, a little juice, and mostly seltzer. I use grapefruit seltzer from Aldi--no sugar, no artificial sweeteners, just sparkling water and natural flavor.


You could also substitute blood orange wine, orange juice, and seltzer! Or make up your own combinations!

Ingredients:

About 2 ounces Ruby Red Grapefruit wine (chilled)
About 2 ounces Ruby Red grapefruit juice (chilled)
About 6 ounces grapefruit flavored seltzer (chilled)

Add ingredients, one at a time, to a large wine goblet. You might want to add ice, but this will further dilute your drink. I prefer no ice.

Comments