Dinner tonight!

Just a quick post today. I wanted to share a recipe I made last night. The inspiration for this dinner was found in The Primal Blueprint Cookbook by Mark Sisson, which I heartily recommend. I took the book out from the library and promptly bookmarked practically every single page as a recipe I'd like to try. Unfortunately I had to return the book before I could attempt most of those, but maybe I'll get it out again for further inspiration.

Venison Chili Burgers:

Approximately 1 lb. ground venison (or buffalo, lamb, turkey, or lean beef)
1 TB. taco seasoning (I like McCormick's brand)
1 t. chili powder
1/2 t. garlic powder
salt and pepper (a dash of each)
1 egg

Mix all ingredients well. Shape burgers of 2 or 3 ounces each and fry in a small amount of olive oil until well browned on both sides and no longer red in the center. Serve 2 oz. burgers with a fried egg on the side for a 3 block meal. Top with a TB. each of guacamole and salsa. (My brand of choice for salsa is Pace. No added sugar, corn syrup, or preservatives.) A great accompaniment is sweet potato fries! (12 fries = 3 blocks of carbs.) Makes about 6 burgers, depending on the size.

Ground venison and ground buffalo are both available in my local Weis supermarket! Check your local grocery stores as well as online sources for wild game and grass-fed meats as these contain high levels of omega-3 fatty acids, lower levels of saturated fats, no residual hormones or antibiotics, and are more environmentally friendly. Happy eating!

Comments