Treat Yourself

As I was munching and crunching along yesterday, I realized I have never shared with you one of my favorite treats! We have a whole case in the pantry. I send these treats off with my daughters when they have to take a lunch on the go. I usually have them with my lunch, on the side, sort of like a bag of chips. Except healthier!

What is my treat?

Let me give you a few more hints.  It is green.  Crunchy, as I mentioned. Salty and a little bit greasy on my fingertips. Addictive! Only 20 calories in an entire package. Are you curious?

Seaweed! Yup, small sheets of roasted and seasoned nori are sold at Costco by the case. We get 27 packages in a case for about $10. They are also available in health food stores, but usually much more expensive.

Popping these little sheets into my mouth and crunching is just as fun as eating chips, but for a small fraction of the calories. The flavor is awesome! And seaweed is an excellent source of iodine, which is something your body needs in order to produce thyroid hormones.  As you probably know, thyroid hormones help to regulate your metabolism. When these hormones are low, you are more likely to put on weight.

That's my quick tip for the day! If you discover a delicious yet healthy treat, please share it with me! I'd love to hear from you.

Comments

  1. Who knew? I am definitely looking for these the next time I'm at Costco! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please share your helpful questions and comments here! Thanks for being part of this balanced community!