Eating Out Again!

Okay, I lied. I told you in my post titled Eating Out that I rarely order salad in a restaurant. Well, technically I guess this is true because most of the time I go out to dinner. But today I am going out to lunch with my mother. It is the last day of her visit and she wants to take me out for my birthday. Tonight I am teaching Zumba, so I plan on having salad for lunch. I can't jump around like a maniac for an hour with a big burger sitting in my belly!

So I suggested The Cheesecake Factory. If you haven't been there before, you might have the idea that this place is only about the fancy desserts. Not so! And I don't know if all their venues are as lovely as the one next to the Columbia Mall here in Howard County, but ours is a beauty! The place is spacious and airy, the service has always been excellent, and the food is not just well-prepared and presented, but you can find MANY gorgeous salads on this menu! A trip to the Cheesecake Factory does not have to be a dietary disaster.

In addition to a menu overflowing with healthy and unusual salad choices, you can also order almost any dish you choose either as an entree or as an appetizer. This way you can get a smaller portion at a smaller price. They have an enormous menu and I always find it difficult to choose from so many options that all sound so delicious. You might even be able to pick two dishes to try and order both as appetizers.

When it comes to dessert, it may be hard to resist the ample selections of mouth-watering cheesecakes. It always is for me! My favorite, of the varieties I have sampled, is the Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake. I know, I know! This is not a healthy choice for a daily treat! But once a year, I can splurge and savor! I may have a bite or two in the restaurant, but most of my slice will come home with me in a doggie bag. Because this cake is SO rich and sweet, I can make one slice last several days.

If you are looking for a healthier option, I posted a Chocolate Cheesecake recipe a few months back. It is a much less decadent version, featuring more protein, less sugar, and more healthy fats. You can even eat a whole slice as a snack and not feel guilty! So whether is a special occasion or just another workday, I hope you have a lovely lunch today.

hocofood@@@

Comments