Halftime!

Here's where the marching band takes the field, blasting a rousing tune with lots of cymbal crashes, to celebrate the half-way point in our Whole Foods Challenge! If you have been on this journey with me, pat yourself on the back right now. You've made it halfway there!

So how have the past two weeks been for you? If you have made some small changes in your normal eating patterns, have you noticed any benefits in your daily life? In your moods or your attitudes? In your ability to concentrate and focus? In your energy levels? Athletic performance? Has the number on your scale moved in any direction? Have other measurements changed? What other changes have you observed?

After two weeks of eating no sugar, sugary products, or sugar substitutes, I can honestly report that I am feeling MUCH better! My moods have been very stable. Today is the first day of my period, and I sailed through the premenstrual week with absolutely no mood swings, cravings, hostility, tears, or any of the other hideous symptoms I might suffer on occasion. I did not yell at my husband nor my daughter. Well, no more than usual. I had lost five pounds initially, but gained about a half pound back with this premenstrual cycle. This is pretty typical. In fact, better than normal for me. Since my diet has stayed the same, I'm sure this water weight will vanish again by next week. Overall, I am extremely pleased with the results I am seeing.

I am not craving sweets at all, which is really abnormal for me, especially at this time of the month. The only thing that I have been fantasizing about is a cheeseburger and fries! I will probably allow myself a cheat meal at Famous Dave's sometime in October. But my plan for the foreseeable future is to continue with my current whole foods diet. I have no doubt I will make it for the full month of September with no sugar. And I am now a true believer in banishing the white devil from my diet permanently! I realize the holidays are going to present quite a challenge for me. My mind is already devising a survival plan...

I would love to hear your feedback, thoughts, and comments on your own progress. I hope your journey up to this point has been enlightening! Let's stay strong together!

Comments