Dirty Martini Dip

Another Superbowl recipe, although this one is disappointingly not purple. Despite its washed-out white color, I have high hopes for the flavor! This recipe is courtesy of Moms Who Need Wine, a group you might like to join on Facebook. I have never actually tasted a Dirty Martini, so you will have to tell me: does the drink contain BACON? Sounds terribly strange to me.

Anywho...all week long I plan to post recipes to spice up your Superbowl festivities. This dip looks awesome to me, although the sodium level may be too high for those of you who need to avoid excess salt. In terms of what to dip in it, I have already purchased a Potato Trio which includes blue potato chips from Trader Joe's. I was looking for beet chips which I could not find. I'm sure these will be close enough to purple for the Ravens! Lower carb possibilities might include celery sticks, red pepper slices, baby carrots, or jicama sticks.

Ingredients:

1 8-ounce package cream cheese (low fat works)
1 Tablespoon mayo
1/4 cup vodka (or milk)
3 pieces cooked bacon, crumbled (optional)
1/3 cup green olives, chopped
3-4 scallions, white and light green parts, sliced

Mix all ingredients in medium-sized bowl. Chill until ready to serve.

Comments