Nora's Kabob

Yes, it's true. I had yet another lunch out with the ladies. But this was a truly healthy one. And a bargain, too!

Nora's Kabob is on Route 40 in Ellicott City in one of those nondescript strip malls. (Say that 10 times fast.) I would never have ventured in there on my own, but a couple of friends had already tried it and guaranteed this was my kind of place. And it was completely packed for lunch. So this tells you that people have discovered a good thing!

For only $8.50, you can select the kabobs of your choice. Most of us had lamb, but there were also chicken, beef, and falafel options. With this, you can choose either Greek salad or rice, plus 2 mezzes from a list of about 6 possibilities, including dolmas (stuffed grape leaves), hummus, roasted eggplant, and spinach in yogurt sauce. All this comes with a half slice of pita. It is a generous amount of food for lunch and I was able to bring about half of mine home. Since I usually do the buffet thing at lunch, it was a very nice change to be able to bring home some leftovers!



But beyond the cost, there are plenty of pluses to dining here. The food is all very fresh, including all the salad greens. The Greek salad featured interesting greens, grape tomatoes, small cubes of feta, and kalamata olives. The side dishes (mezzes) were something quite special. I chose the roasted eggplant which came in a thick and chunky tomato sauce and the spinach in yogurt sauce. Both were delicious while still tasting healthy and light.

The place is quite small, containing about 3-4 booths and a handful of tables. If you plan to head over there for lunch, you might want to get there early. By about 12:30pm, it was practically full.

I am grateful to my friends for turning me on to this little gem right on Route 40. I recommend you give it a try!

hocofoods@@@


Comments