House Wine Cabernet Sauvignon



Let me start by assuring you, my dear readers, that I have absolutely no qualifications in terms of assessing wines. I am certainly not educated in this field, apart from consuming my fair share of wine for the past 40 or so years. And I cannot claim to have superb taste.

Let me tell you a true story.

I went to a party recently. There was wine (shocker!) in large bottles. I poured myself a hefty serving of red. I think it was a cabernet, but I couldn't swear to it. I had an empty stomach, and downed a few good slugs. Feeling warm and cozy, I leaned into a friend and said, "I like this wine!" She laughed at me and replied, "I'd give it a 7." I didn't listen to this warning and went on to drink a second glass. And by "glass" I mean half-carafe.

The next day, I had the mother of all hangovers. I was truly close to death.



So I may not be the best person to go to for wine advice.

Nevertheless, I am writing this blog today to encourage you to try House Wine!

House Wine comes in a box. It looks cheap because it IS cheap. But I never let the cost of a wine get in the way of my enjoyment of said wine.

In this case, House Wine cabernet sauvignon costs under $20 for the equivalent of 4 regular bottles. Here in Maryland, this is quite a fantastic bargain. (Trader Joe's cannot sell wine in Maryland, so I am not able to drink their wonderful, and unbelievably inexpensive 3-buck Chuck...)

And is it good, this House Wine? YES! It's very yummy! I read on the box that it has black cherry and ripe berry aromas and flavors. Plus a warm vanilla and spice finish. I'm not sure I would have noticed all this on my own, but I can tell you that I really like this wine. It's delicious. And after a small glass last night with dinner, I had no bad after-effects.

In case you don't believe me, you can watch this video.

Have you tried any boxed wine? Which do you prefer?

Comments