Barstools from Wayfair!



Before I left Maryland, my wonderful students put together a goodbye party for me. Such a bittersweet event, as I have so loved teaching classes for them for many, many years. Although I was pretty sure I was doing the right thing for me, my husband, and of course my mom, I also felt very torn about leaving behind so many cherished friends and students.

As a going-away gift, my kind and generous students gave me a gift card to Wayfair. They knew I planned to bring very little furniture to Florida. We purchased a very new, MODERN home--quite the opposite of our cozy log cabin in Maryland. We gave away almost all our old furniture and are now trying to furnish our new home with pieces that match its style.

My very first purchase from Wayfair was a couple of ultra-modern ORANGE barstools. Most of the walls in our home are stark white, but we have a turquoise accent wall in the living room area with an electric fireplace. I love the combination of turquoise and orange! (Think Howard Johnson's!) I chose the square-shape as I thought they were more unique.



The seat of the stool is made out of vinyl and should be easy to clean. The height is adjustable and they swivel. (These were important criteria for my hubby.) To me, they are reminiscent of barstools from the 1950s--something you used to see at a soda fountain or a diner.

I was nervous about using Wayfair as I read a bunch of negative reviews, but everything about this purchase went smoothly. The stools arrived a day earlier than predicted. They are in perfect condition and look exactly the same as the photos. The quality seems to be excellent--they are sturdy and solid.

So a huge THANK YOU to all my students who contributed to my first purchase of furniture for my new home. There will be more to come! I will keep everyone updated...

Comments