Favorite Finds at Aldi

We stopped by Aldi in Nokomis yesterday and were very pleasantly surprised. I was able to find almost everything on my list. In Walmart on Sunday morning, many shelves were bare. Aldi had no toilet paper, but plenty of milk, eggs, bread, lunch meat, and fresh produce. Aldi is asking customers to limit purchases of canned goods, bread, eggs, and milk. This is a very small price to pay to keep items on the shelves for more customers.

I used to say if I had to limit my shopping to just one store, it would have to be Trader Joe's. Don't get me wrong, I still love Trader Joe's. But Aldi has many of the same products at a lower price. If you love Trader Joe's, shopping at Aldi for at least some of those same items will save you money.

I've shared some of my favorite finds at Aldi in the past. Here are a few fabulous finds I've found recently at my local Aldi:


If you compare Aldi's own brand of grass-fed Irish butter to Kerrygold, you will find you have a bargain at $2.99 for 8 ounces. Yes, it's more expensive than your basic butter, but so much better!


I LOVE this whole grain medley! It's delicious! And so quick and easy to heat up in the microwave. Very unique blend of whole grains with lentils. Chewy and fabulous. $1.99.


This curry sauce makes dinner a breeze. Comes with a spice packet in the lid, too. Great with chicken, cauliflower, or chickpeas.

 This organic coffee is a great bargain at $4.79 for 12 ounces of whole beans. You won't find this kind of quality at a better price!

And finally, my latest discovery! This Godiva baking mix is a splurge at $3.99, but makes a decadent treat that we all need just about now! Godiva also makes a lava cake mix. I found these on the special aisle for holiday stuff, next to the Easter candy.

There are very few places you can go these days where you can find not only your basic supplies, but also some special treats to tide you over. Happy shopping!

Comments