Treat Yourself to a Frothy Mocha



I don't know about you, but I could really use a treat! With no restaurants open, it's been more than a month since I've had a meal that someone else has cooked.

I'm not really complaining. I enjoy cooking. I'm also a control freak, so when I say I want a treat, I also like to know that all the ingredients in my "treat" are healthy.

So this morning, I made myself a special beverage. Delicious, but also nutritious. It takes your basic cup of morning joe to a whole new level.



This frothy mocha drink will lift your spirits without making you feel guilty! Loaded with antioxidants. Yes, it has caffeine, but you could make it with decaf. It's rich and chocolatey but contains ZERO added sugar! (Check your creamer for added sugar, however, if use that!)

By combining regular coffee with cocoa powder, you get a beverage with an energy boost but none of the jittery feeling. The theobromine in the cocoa adds a calming element to the caffeine in the coffee. This combination has been shown in studies to mute the anxiety that caffeine sometimes causes, while still delivering the alertness. It's a win win!

The addition of the collagen creates more body so that the foam is more stable and lasts longer. Plus, the protein in the collagen is great for your skin, joints, mood, and even helps with sleep issues. Another big win!

Ingredients:

Splash of 1/2 and 1/2 (or whole milk or your favorite creamer)
1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder
1 scoop collagen powder
1/2 -1 cup regular (or decaf) coffee (Use as much coffee as you like!)

In a small mug or coffee cup, combine first 3 ingredients. Use a handheld frother to combine well, until a thick foam is created. Pour in coffee. Drink immediately! Enjoy!

Makes one small serving.

Comments