Keto Friendly Cookies


As you may already know, I have ditched sugar for the month of March. That's right. No chocolate for a full month. Torture? Yes. Worth it? I'm not sure...

I'm writing this blog post on Day 21 of no added sugar. The verdict is still out on whether or not this plan reduces inflammation enough so that joint pain is eliminated. I continue to have some stiffness and discomfort upon waking, though I believe our early morning walks with our dog have been somewhat easier on my ankles. There are many factors that vary significantly day to day, and even hour by hour. How much water I drink, how much salt and other minerals I take, what kinds of exercise I do, these all affect my joint pain. Sugar might be another factor, but I'm not sure how significant a factor it is...

My current plan is to return to eating some sugar (nothing outrageous!) on April 1st. I will try to monitor the level of joint pain and see if it increases. At that point, I might be able to draw some conclusions.

In the meantime, I have been craving cookies.

I can live without most sweets. But cookies are my weakness. Usually I bake them myself, but I can also chow down on store-bought if necessary. I've been thinking about trying to bake some keto-friendly, sugar-free cookies. But what would they taste like? 

Then I found a brand called GluteNull. (Sounds like the cookies have no butts, right?) I purchased a package of hemp cookies.

These are gluten-free, vegan, sugar-free, low carb, and ridiculously healthy. Yes, they have a small amount of swerve sweetener which contains erythritol, but less than 1 gram per serving. I was willing to make an exception in order to try this product. Just for the sake of science, you understand.

How do they taste? Not sweet. And this is coming from someone who hasn't eaten sugar in 3 weeks. They don't taste bad, but they also don't taste much like cookies. I have been eating them along with my dried apricots. Three of each for my "dessert." It's very slightly better than nothing. Also somewhat sad.

Glute-Null makes a variety of cookies. I also purchased some buckwheat chocolate chip cookies, but those are made with coconut sugar so I won't be trying them until April. 

I'm still considering making my own sugar-free cookies. I'll keep you posted!


Comments