Grillsmith in Sarasota

For my birthday dinner, my mom took us to Grillsmith on Tamiami Trail just north of Stickney Point Road. This is the same place we went last year for my birthday. Before selecting a venue for this year's festivities, I went back and read the blog I posted after last year's birthday dinner and was very surprised to learn that I gave this restaurant my highest rating here in Florida! I had completely forgotten how much I enjoyed that meal! 

And I'm very happy to report that this year's dinner was just as great, if not better, than the last.

I started off again with a glass of Prosecco. It's a celebration, after all! 


Although I was very tempted to repeat the same exact meal I had enjoyed so much the year before, I chose to go with the Blue Crap and Shrimp "Burger" this time. (I find it strange that they call this a "burger" when it is very clearly a crab cake!) Crunchy on the outside and creamy on the inside, this was a delicious crab cake topped with a well-seasoned slaw and a spicy aioli. I ordered the parmesan fries (same as last year) and loved them once again. 


My mom and my hubby both ordered burgers. They were cooked perfectly to order, which I have come to appreciate as a fairly rare occurrence. 



And then I did something I never ever do anymore. I ordered dessert! The flourless chocolate cake came with a scoop of mocha mousse, 2 raspberries and a tiny bit of raspberry couli. This is a heavenly concoction! I had to bring most of it home, but I enjoyed every morsel.

If you are looking for a place to enjoy a delicious meal, whether it's a special occasion or just a regular day, I highly recommend Grillsmith. This place rocks!!


Comments