The Point (waterfront dining in Osprey)


For a farewell dinner the evening before my daughter headed back to Maryland, we decided to check out The Point. This relatively new restaurant sits right on the bay, overlooking Casey Key. A three-story building with indoor and outdoor dining options, The Point has spectacular sunset views.


My experience with waterfront dining here in Florida has been mostly disappointing. It seems that these restaurants rely on the views to draw in customers and the food is usually mediocre. I am happy to report this was not the case at The Point.

I opted for a local beer to start things off. This guava-flavored IPA is brewed in Sarasota and tastes delicious! Slightly sweet and fruity, light and refreshing, I would definitely order it again.

For our meal, I ordered The Point Burger. Loaded up with bacon, tomato jam, cheddar cheese, and arugula, this is a flavor-packed sandwich. Burgers come with either coleslaw or fries, but I asked for both. I was surprised at the size of the servings. I'm often shocked by the tiny size of side dishes, but The Point is very generous.

The coleslaw was typical. And this means under seasoned. I'm not sure why most restaurants screw this up because salt is cheap and makes a huge difference. 

The fries, on the other hand, were some of the best I've eaten since moving to Florida. They offer Parmesan Truffle Fries, and they are fabulous. 

My daughter chose the Chicken Caesar Salad. She enjoyed it, mentioning that the dressing was very good. The lettuce was clearly very fresh. 

My hubby went with the Fish and Chips. The beer batter was crunchy, the fish light and flaky. Another excellent selection.

We didn't have room for dessert, but the options sounded yummy. Maybe next time. We will definitely return to The Point for another meal in the future. The combination of great food and a fantastic view is hard to beat! 

Comments