The Star Thai Sushi Restaurant in Venice

My daughter visited us for Christmas this year and we wanted to make her time here as special as possible. We went out to eat three times in the span of one week, which seems like a lot to me! And she loves sushi, so we returned to The Star Thai Sushi Restaurant in Bird Bay Plaza. We took her there a year ago, but I didn't write a blog about it. So here is our review!

We started our meal with Fresh Rolls. I forgot to take a photo of them, but they were gorgeous! And oh so fresh! Wrapped in rice paper, which is chewy, they were stuffed with bean sprouts, grated carrot, lettuce, and shrimp. The dipping sauce was a warm peanut butter concoction. Delicious! I would highly recommend this as a starter. 

My daughter ordered sushi (of course) and allowed me (grudgingly) to taste a piece. Yum! She tried two different types of rolls, one containing raw tuna and the other yellowtail. In addition, there was avocado, asparagus, and some tiny orange fish eggs. No way could she finish two whole orders. It was a ton of food. 


My hubby and I both ordered Pad Thai, which is my go to. I can't even try anything else because I love Pad Thai so much. And this version did not disappoint. The rice noodles were coated with a slightly spicy and very sweet sauce, topped with plenty of fresh shrimp (for me) and chicken (for my hubby.) The portion was so large, I have eaten it at home for 2 more meals and I still have enough left for lunch today!


If you are in Venice and looking for a delicious Thai meal, look no further than The Star! The food and service are impeccable.

Comments