Join Me for a Spring Detox

Who's ready to detoxify? Anybody? 

Is it just me or has this winter included too many cold, gray days? Too many days when baking seemed like the natural antidote? Too much sugar and carb-loaded treats?

Maybe, like me, you have put on a few extra pounds this winter. That's natural. I haven't been riding my bike, or kayaking, or swimming in the Gulf very much lately. Although Florida weather is normally good year-round, we've had a colder winter and quite a few cloudy, rainy days. 

With Valentine's Day just around the corner, I know there will be more sweet treats to eat. So let's get through this holiday before we make a commitment to ditching the sugar.

I propose we take the month of March and make it sugar free.

I did this last year. March is a long month--31 days, to be exact--but we can do this! If we plan ahead, we can clean out the pantry and prepare for a month of delicious whole foods that contain no sugar, no sweeteners, no corn syrup, no honey, no maple syrup.

Sugar is sneaky and it gets into just about every processed food. So we need to be vigilant. Start reading labels and making choices now, so when March rolls around, you will be ready!

I will be here for you! I can offer support, ideas for snacks or meals, substitutes for sugary stuff, or just a person to commiserate with.

Last March, I lost several pounds without really trying. I'm ready to shed those pounds again! How about you?

Comments