Absolute Easiest Pumpkin Pie Recipe

Happy Thanksgiving!!

After Hurricane Ian, it took me a few weeks before I could feel thankful for anything. Even though our home is perfectly fine--if you ignore the decimated hedge behind the house--I was shell-shocked. Our neighborhood was hit hard. Nothing compared to Fort Myers Beach, of course. But so many huge beautiful trees down, sheds blown away, roofs damaged, fences destroyed. As people cleaned out their soggy homes, immense piles of trash began lining all the streets. While many things have slowly improved, the trash piles remain. Our little piece of paradise still looks like a war zone.

But Thanksgiving has arrived and I have much to be grateful for. I have made several wonderful friends down here. I have found an awesome studio near my home where I teach yoga, qigong, and Pilates. My mom--the reason I moved to Florida--is going strong: healthy, happy, independent, and still sharp at 93 years young. Luna, my sweet Akita, has turned 11 and, despite frequent seizures, she enjoys 3 walks a day and playing with her stuffed monkey. My daughters will be visiting together for Christmas. So life is very good.

I'm cooking dinner today for my hubby, my mom, and her next-door neighbor. We're having a boneless turkey breast from Aldi, along with mashed potatoes (my husband's job), corn bread soufflé, brussel sprouts with ginger, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie. I thought I could share the pie recipe as it is officially the easiest, fastest, and least hassled way to throw a homemade pie on the Thanksgiving table.

Ingredients:

1 prepared pie crust (I used a graham cracker crust, but you can use any kind!)

15 oz. can pumpkin puree

14 oz. can condensed milk

2 large eggs

2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice

Preheat oven to 350F. 

Using an immersion blender, blend pumpkin, milk, eggs, and spice thoroughly. Pour into prepared pie crust. Bake at 350F for about 40-50 minutes. Pie is done when no longer liquid in the center. Let cool and then refrigerate. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.

Comments

  1. My thoughts exactly after Ian. Seeing so much devastation does something to ya!! I have a lot to be thankful for too. Have made friends too and family and kitties are healthy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please share your helpful questions and comments here! Thanks for being part of this balanced community!